Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

25 Final Answers

The final answers to the 25 First Lines:

1. My father is a doctor, he’s a family man

Albert Hammond: Free Electric Band

2. Look at them yo-yos: that’s the way you do it
Dire Straits: Money For Nothing (guessed by Persephone)

3. I’ve been caught in a trap I set for myself
Gomez: Silence


4. Turn around, don’t whisper out my name

Eric Andersen: Close The Door Lightly When You Go

5. Let me tell you ‘bout the Manfreds

Manfred Mann (& the Manfreds): The One In The Middle

6. See the girl with cymbals on her fingers, entering through the door
The Hollies: Stop Stop Stop (guessed by Persephone)

7. I thought you had passed, but you caught me at last

Roy Harper: Tom Tiddler's Ground

8. Life goes on day after day
Gerry & the Pacemakers: Ferry Cross the Mersey (guessed by Lisa)

9. Oh the time will come up when the winds will stop

Bob Dylan: When The Ship Comes In


10. Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are
Pink Floyd: Pigs (Three Different Ones) (guessed by Phil)

11. Traffic’s wild tonight

The Boomtown Rats: Diamond Smiles

12. As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent
David Bowie: Diamond Dogs (guessed by Phil)

13. You’re so hot, teasing me
Abba: Does Your Mother Know? (guessed by Lisa)

14. Well no one told ne about her
The Zombies: She's Not There (guessed by Persephone)

15. Ooh, my little pretty one, pretty one
The Knack: My Sharona (guessed by Persephone)

16. You went away and left me long ago
I hear You Knocking (guessed by Persephone though she couldn't remember the artist)

17. Her name was Mia from North Korea
Status Quo: The Oriental


18. A place where nobody dared to go
Olivia Newton-John and ELO: Xanadu


19. Queen Vicky used to sit upon her magic throne

Matt McGinn: Christine

20. Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder

Madonna: Ray of Light

21. I’m a little pimp with my hair gassed back
Frank Zappa (and Captain Beefheart) : Willie the Pimp (guessed by Phil)

22. Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you
The Beatles: All My Loving (guessed by Persephone)

23. I was lying in my bed, pull the silken sheets up tight
Bonzo Dog Band: Can Blue Men Sing The Whites? (guessed by Phil)

24. It was a teenage wedding and the old folks wished ‘em well
Chuck Berry: You Never Can Tell (guessed by Phil)

25. I could have been a sailor, could have been a cook
Nick Drake: One Of These Things First (guessed by Phil)

Here are a couple more clips for you:



And you can have this one as a bonus:



Then this (surely one of the saddest songs to become a top ten hit):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home