Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, August 07, 2009

Video fun goes country

Here's Doug Kershaw demonstrating a kind of country music we don't hear much of in the UK. I mean Cajun country, of course.



That song was my introduction to Doug and Rusty Kershaw, and I first heard it on an album by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. This next clip is of the biggest hit from that album - a song I remember hearing Lonnie Donegan doing on the radio when I was quite small.



And the Dirt Band's banjo virtuoso John McEuen provided the arrangements for his school-mate Steve Martin's new album of banjo music, The Crow:



Admit it, you thought he was just a pretty good comedian, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home