Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, August 07, 2009

More on the organic industry and its spin

Great article (and I don't just mean that it largely backs me up: it's a cracking piece of journalism) by the Guardian's Ben Goldacre (in his regular Bad Science column).

I did spot someone from the organic industry last week bewailing the fact that the FSA hadn't waited for publication of an imminent survey by someone whose name I can't remember but whose job title (Professor of Food Ecology or something similar) enabled the reader to skip the tedium of reading the paper in order to discover its conclusions. In the same way, I wouldn't expect to be amazed by the results of a paper on climate change by a professor of coal science. £2bn a year buys a lot of dodgy science, whoever writes the cheques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home