Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, August 31, 2009

Balanced Coverage

Following on from last year's Man On Wire (which has now bneen on general release and on TV and everything) we have another nutter on a high wire: in this case the cable of the Zugspitz cable car. When I saw the news report on this earlier tonight I couldn't decide whether I was more gobsmacked by the fact that he ran the last ten yards or so, or by the (obvious if you think about it) amazing slope of the cable at the top end.

I know some of the workmen involved ran across the support chain of the Menai Straits suspension bridge after it was first strung, but I think they MAY have been celebrating first. (As celebrated as newts....) And the chain would have provided more purchase for feet than a wire cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home