Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, July 04, 2009

It was fo-our years ago today....

.....and that really does scan better with "twenty", doesn't it? However, the event I wish to commemorate was only four years ago. When it gets to seven the scansion for the song will be OK, but by then I'll be using headlines like "The Seven-Year Itch" (or, as it was clued in one of the rounds of the pub quiz I did recently, "I've Had Chicken-Pox for 2,556 days").

So what happened four years ago? Apart from the 229th aniversary of American independence? The blog you're reading now, is what. Yes, 4th July 2005 saw the first post on EKN. (And the last in that unlovely font.)

I've just been re-reading the first month's posts, and it makes me feel that my standards have slipped a bit. (Memo to self: pull finger out.) Though our string quartet is playing better than ever (currently doing battle with Smetana's first quartet).

Oh, the pub quiz? Three of us from work taking on a dozen other teams from the bank's Edinburgh IT departments. And we came second (having led from the start until the very last round). In our defence, the last round was on Lloyds Banking Group and was what you'd expect if Dilbert's manager set a quiz. We got 3/10 on that round, and were rather jealous of the team who proudly got zero. This performance brought to you by Foster's lager.......

3 Comments:

At 10 July, 2009 08:06, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Golly, I'm sorry to be late commemorating. Bravo for surviving this far! Not everyone has: keep up the good work!

 
At 13 July, 2009 12:49, Anonymous Dr Paul said...

Give me a bell next time - I'll do a proper quiz for you

 
At 14 July, 2009 03:17, Blogger Rob said...

Thank you Lisa, and thank you Dr Spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home