Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I had to share this one with you all

When I logged on tonight I wasn't intending to post another music video, but by one of those serendipitous hits Youtube's "related videos" provides, I managed while looking for Les Barker videos to find this wonderful performance of Heartbreak Hotel by John Cale with Richard Thompson and Shawn Colvin. I have Cale's recording of HH (and saw him do it live when he appeared with Kevin Ayers, Nico and Eno in Manchester just before their more famous June 1st 1974 London concert). This is more atmospheric, ands suits all the singers perfectly. A gem.

1 Comments:

At 17 June, 2009 06:27, Blogger Pete said...

cheers I'm a colvin fan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home