Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blazing Saddles

I thought this looked a really interesting idea for getting rid of nuclear waste. I'm all for recycling the stuff rather than dumping it in the ground.

Reducing the quantity of dangerous nuclear waste in landfill, producing energy, reducing fossil fule dependency, reducing greenhouse gas emissions: it's a fair bet that Greenpeace will hate it. After all, who wants improvements to the environment when doom and gloom are so much more lucrative?

Here, though, is a suggestion for how we could all do something for climate change. As I read it I kept remembering a scene in Ingmar Bergman's Fanny and Alexander. Googling to be sure I wasn't getting mixed up, I found this Wikipedia article. Isn't the internet wonderful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home