Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ooooh! I've gone all Christmassy

Well, a little bit. I've been playing some of my Christmas music rccords, and felt I should put up the decorations here in my virtual shed. So let's kick off with The Darkness doing Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)




A great song and one of the best of the Christmas videos. Of course The Darkness broke up and Justin Hawkins went into rehab, but now he's out and has a new group Hot Leg. They have released the video for their Christmas single (which comes out tomorrow) and I can cheerfully announce that it's just as over the top as anything The Darkness ever did. Also, it rocks. I wonder whether the song may prove a tad controversial, with it's being called I've Met Jesus and all that....



Phew. Follow that, as they say. Well there are a few other Christmas records I like enough to give blog space to, and here are some of them. First Greg Lake:



Then one of my heroes, Roy Wood. I always like songs that go into a different key for the chorus:



We can't omit Band Aid:



Or Kirsty and the Pogues:



But pride of place must go to the best Christmas single of all time, I don't know who did this video but it fits perfectly:



God bless us every one.

2 Comments:

At 14 December, 2008 22:25, Blogger Tim (Kalyr) said...

Saw the wonderful Mostly Autumn last night, and along with two hours of their own material, they played covers of both "I Believe in Father Christmas" and "Fairytale of New York" in the set.

Pity the omitted their five-part harmony version of "Silent Night" this time - that really raises the hairs on the back of the neck.

 
At 14 December, 2008 22:40, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

some great tracks here: historically for me Christmas is ALWAYS shaped by Lake's track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home