Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Never mind the Norberts

What a wonderful country the USA is. They have a truck rental company (U-Haul - even I've heard of it) whose trucks are decorated with amazing graphics relating to American states (and Canadian provinces).

And before Persephone screams that Quebec isn't in there, well, neither is Oregon. Or Kansas.

Joe's one is pretty cool though.

6 Comments:

At 15 July, 2008 12:22, Blogger Persephone said...

Two provinces are missing: Québec and Prince Edward Island. And while the Northwest Territories are represented, the territories of Yukon and Nunavut aren't.

That's a huge whack of Canada unrepresented...

 
At 15 July, 2008 16:00, Blogger Persephone said...

Do I ever scream in your blog? If I do, I heartily apologise...

 
At 17 July, 2008 22:25, Blogger Rob said...

Not in my blog as far as I recall. But I guessed you might, you know, ACTUALLY scream. In Canada. As a hot-blooded Canuck. Whose home province was omitted. Was I wrong?

I noticed Yukon wasn't there, but beyond that I couldn't remember what the other missing ones were.

 
At 21 July, 2008 13:38, Blogger Chip said...

Very interesting graphics... they've changed since we were living there... and they did have a Kansas at the time, scene of wheatfields blowing in a field very similar to where I was born.

 
At 21 July, 2008 15:20, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I always thought we'd have a desert scene. Or a Vegas roulette wheel.

 
At 24 July, 2008 00:43, Blogger Persephone said...

My home-province is either Alberta, Ontario, or British Columbia, depending on whether you mean where I was born, where I currently live, or where I can bear living. As fond as I am of Quebecois in general, I don't scream for them. They can do that on their own, witness the latest kerfuffle over Paul McCartney's performance at a key Quebec anniversary celebration....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home