Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, June 02, 2008

Vashta Nerada till we meet again...

(With apologies to Abba).

I'm sure there are hundreds of blog posts out there on the topic of Silence in the Library, so I'll restrict myself to just a couple of comments, apart from the sound of awestruck admiration.

Firstly, my favourite exchange, possibly of the whole series:

Doctor: You're archaeologists?

River Song: Do you have a problem with that?

Doctor: I'm a time traveller. We point and laugh at archaeologists.


And finally, FWIW (probably not much but I haven't read any spoilers so it's a genuine guess)(I nearly said a shot in the dark....) I have a theory about how 4,022 people were saved but none survived. I remarked to my daughter that both that statistic, and the comment that Donna Noble had been saved, were uttered by The Library's computer. And what might a computer mean when saying that something or someone had been "saved"? I think they may all turn up digitally manifested in the universe's biggest hard drive, down there in the planet's core.

5 Comments:

At 03 June, 2008 13:33, Blogger Persephone said...

*Ahem* *Ahem* My name is Ann Elk and that theory (which is mine) is mine. (And to prove it [*ahem*], I postulated it at Marie Phillip's blog) So there!

 
At 03 June, 2008 20:36, Blogger Rob said...

The really funny thing is that I nearly used the Ann Elk line when putting out my own theory. Which is yours. Or mine. Like Newton/Leibniz. Though Leibniz never invented the cat-flap.

Seriously: nice to know someone else thinks the way I do. Probably wrong, but hey....

 
At 08 June, 2008 00:23, Blogger Rob said...

We're good, you and me, Persephone, aren't we? (Whispers real name **** into lug.)

 
At 09 June, 2008 15:06, Blogger Persephone said...

Well, seeing as you've very sweetly promoted me from "Other Blogs" to "Favourite Blogs"...I guess we are....

 
At 09 June, 2008 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scariest thing in the universe? Anyone? the doctor with 'pets' in the shadows... a click of the fingers and and there's nothing but bones... ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home