Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Thursday, June 05, 2008

And you get to see his bum at the end of the clip

I was thinking only the other day about a TV series I remembered from way back, starring Ken Stott as a failing DJ who took a job running hospital radio in a Scottish mental hospital. I was trying to remember who played the inmate whom he coached and who eventually did so well that he got the real radio job that Ken Stott's character had been going after. I knew it wasn't anyone well known, and of course at the time it wasn't. But we know him now, boys and girls, oh yes we do: one David Tennant in his first television role with more than ten lines in it. Something of a virtuoso performance, and it's no surprise I remembered it.

The Guardian this week featured an interesting interview with Donna Franceschild, who wrote it, and I was overjoyed to discover that it's getting a DVD release at long last.

3 Comments:

At 05 June, 2008 20:55, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

It's been a source of much glee that at long last this is getting a DVD release (not least because I last watched it via a VERY dodgy out of sync YouTube version - every episode in several bits: a fragmentary experience but utterly glorious).

Can't believe you had forgotten who played Campbell Bain.

If I'm right the release has been delayed slightly from its original release (well, so Amazon said in their email to me).

 
At 05 June, 2008 21:14, Blogger Rob said...

Well, Lisa, DT wasn't a well-known name at all when I last saw the programme (which was when it was first broadcast). I remember thinking he was very good.

 
At 06 June, 2008 15:27, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Lisa didn't evven mention his bum, oh well.
I remember when I had a haircut like that. Not the accent though (ok, to you not an accent, but to me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home