Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Two Leaves Fallen

OK, maybe early days for too much hinting, but the two unguessed songs are roughly contemporary.

#2 was an American sitcom which ran from 1965 to 1966 (one series). At one time it was distinctly obscure: when I found one of my college friends remembered it I'd been beginning to think I'd dreamed the whole thing. Often rated the worst sitcom ever and with something of a cult image as a result, it was actually very popular in its day with with younger viewers (hey, I was 10, OK?)

Persephone may wish it weren't so, but it is indeed My Mother the Car. Maybe those of us who watched - I won't say all but I'm guessing most - of the series should get T-shirts made. They could have this picture and "Guess Who?"
















You can find out all about the show, and hear its theme song, here.


#8 was a British comedy thriller series which ran from 1966 to 1967 (two series) and made its lead character a star, in the UK at least. It is said to have inspired Jon Pertwee's characterisation of the third Doctor in Dr Who.

And of course Lisa guessed it was Adam Adamant Lives! Best write-up on the web I've found is halfway down this article.

Oh all right then, here's a picture.


















Discovering that the series were almost exact contemporaries, and ran for similar periods of time, was rather a strange experience.

5 Comments:

At 08 May, 2008 13:14, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

8 is... gah, Gerald harper Right? The time traveller thing?! **bashes head as she can't recall it **

Adama Adamant Lives! Yeah?!

I'm probably totally wrong aren't I?

 
At 08 May, 2008 21:39, Blogger Rob said...

No, you're totally right.

I must admit I'm disappointed that you allowed Jane to beat you to Watching though!

 
At 12 May, 2008 04:20, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Persephone really was on this one, sorry I missed it. I remember My Mother the Car - I found it rather amusing.

 
At 12 May, 2008 14:57, Blogger Persephone said...

Persephone is not necessarily proud of this...

 
At 21 May, 2008 20:06, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Belatedly, yeah I was slack on not getting "Watching" which we, erm, eagerly watched! Ah well. I'm not very speedy at the mo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home