Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Things Rob likes to do (apparently)

This is a meme I picked up from little.red.Anna, so before it was a meme it was a herher. (Sorry about that.)

The basic idea is, you type into Google "[insert your name here] likes to" and see what the first ten hits reckon you like. Apparently Rob likes to:

....tan [tan? tan? what is this tan of which you speak? is it a mythical regeneration which happens after the burning and the falling off of skin? I know it not]

....go fast [OK, who was watching me on the M90 on Sunday? own up...but I don't get a buzz from speed in itself. The Russian Air Force used to sell flights on their Mach 3 interceptors (I forget which MiG number) and I suppose being briefly the fastest (or joint fastest - unless the pilot has fallen out) person on the planet might be quite cool]

....draw [nope, not to save my life - though I did briefly do a good line in "Dassa's lellow car", that being a cartoon of our cream-coloured 2CV done for my daughter Vanessa when she was very small]

....smell feet [ewww]

....get his friends drunk [while I like to drink and don't mind getting drunk if it doesn't get inconvenient, why would I pay for other people to get drunk? It's hardly a spectator sport unless you have a rather sick sense of humour]

....play music [now you're talking: yes please, as much as possible]

....rock and roll all night and BBQ on Saturdays [sounds good to me if the music's right and it's a good barbecue, though I'd probably then be too full to rock and roll on Saturday night. Roll, maybe]

....talk about difficult subjects [oooh! oooh! I do that! Or then again, I can get all enthusiastic about Wagner operas, stellar evolution, the St Kilda archipelago, points of common ground among religions, and antique clarinets, to name but a few. How many kinds of nerd are you?]

....lick people [ewww]

....sleep in on Saturdays when he is not volunteering at the Humane Society [I never volunteer at the Humane Society. I do like to sleep on Saturdays though. And other days, given half a chance.]

So: any of my regulars care to take up this challenge?

5 Comments:

At 21 May, 2008 21:42, Blogger Persephone said...

I tried both my real name and my "international woman of mystery" name (because I'm that pathetic). One name is evidently a popular one for cats and dogs as I ended up liking to hunt for kibble; inform people when I need to use the potty; kiss people; mess with their heads; and sit on their laps. Under my actual name, I apparently like to "use the nickname 'Mojo' instead" (of what?), and, my personal favourite: "chase voters with a claw hammer". Amongst other things.

 
At 22 May, 2008 17:09, Blogger Eddie Louise said...

Yep! you got me. Answers on Eds World

 
At 24 May, 2008 02:14, Blogger Rob said...

Well, Persephone, now we know your real name (which is a nice name). And you chase voters with that hammer all you like: after all, the ones who voted for Boris Johnson as Mayor of London definitely deserve it.

 
At 24 May, 2008 21:33, Blogger rajm said...

your top ten were all (moderately) decent. Top one for me definitely wasn't!
Might want to abbreviate my name...

 
At 25 May, 2008 12:15, Blogger King of Scurf said...

Thanks Rob. Through this meme I have discovered a previously unknown desire to be "backdoored" and lashed by trannies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home