Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My hero (or one of them)


Just read this and thought it worth sharing. Having become familiar with Peter Brook both through his reputation (his RSC Midsummer Night's Dream is, I think, still a contender for greatest Shakespearean production ever) and through his films (Lord of the Flies, Marat/Sade, Meetings With Remarkable Men) I was very disappointed to have to miss his production of the Mahabharata which inaugurated (I think) the Glasgow Tramway Theatre (my daughter's birth was imminent). However, he returned several times to the Tramway, with La Tragédie de Carmen, Impressions de Pelléas, La Tempête and The Man Who....., all of which I did manage to get to. I believe there are people who do not fall instantly under Peter Brook's spell when they see his productions. I am not one such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home