Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Alabama 3 - Glasgow ABC, 22 April 2008

My second Alabama 3 gig, and I could pretty much re-use the review I wrote of the first one. I didn't enjoy this gig quite as much as the first one, maybe because I knew what to expect, but also: (a) the PA was less than ideal, and the lyrics weren't always clear (b) they didn't look quite so dissipated (c) the pacing was different. By (c) I mean that they opened up with Mao Tse-Tung Said, meaning that the audience weren't so fired up for it: while still an effective piece (revd. Jim Jones samples and all) it didn't really set the ABC ablaze. By the end of their set it would have lit up the crowd, as did Hypo Full Of Love and Speed of the Sound of Loneliness.

Still a great gig though. I can't imagine the band being anything but inspiring. This time they did even more numbers from M.O.R. such as Amos Moses, Sweet Joy, Work It All Night Long and Monday Don't Mean Anything. Zoe Devlin, their female vocalist, just keeps getting better and better.

Here is Clare on the subject of the band and what makes them awesome.

Now enjoy Mao Tse-Tung the way it should be.

1 Comments:

At 23 April, 2008 08:24, Blogger Clare Sudbery said...

Ooh, that reminds me, I have free tickets for their gig in Manchester this Sat!

Their Manchester gigs are always good, they have a big following and a lot of old friends here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home