Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, March 07, 2008

Play again (Y/N)?

Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons (let's not forget Dave Arneson), died on Tuesday.

I failed to spot this earlier in the week, but Aric Clark has a good post on it.



I still have my original copy, looking just like the one in this picture, and bought as a student when D&D was still something new and edgy.

Update: xkcd has a GG tribute strip.

2 Comments:

At 07 March, 2008 15:31, Anonymous JoeInVegas said...

I was glad when video games started to emulate it. I was such a nerd I didn't have any friends to play this with.

 
At 08 March, 2008 01:03, Blogger Rob said...

I must admit I haven't played D&D since I was a student and surrounded by similar nerdy types. Once out in real life.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home