Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Come Lie With Me

Did anybody spot this story last week? Opinions at my office were divided into "Where but in Italy?" and "The French would probably take the same attitude".

Well, I suppose chauvinism is named after a Frenchman.......

Either way, it's definitely not something you'd get in a British or German (or American) court.

3 Comments:

At 17 March, 2008 13:56, Blogger Chip said...

In the US, the prosecution can not force someone to testify against their spouse. I assume this is because the testimony is considered suspect. In an era of opening relationship it will only be a matter of time before a similar instance is allowed in the US.

And to that I guess all I can say is, you can't keep someone from lieing in court. You can attempt to punish them if you find out they have - but sometimes the lie should almost be expected - and the prosecution should be dependant on it to make its case.

 
At 14 November, 2012 13:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog. Do you
ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog visitors have complained
about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
Do you have any recommendations to help fix this issue?
Here is my webpage :: reset windows password

 
At 27 November, 2012 04:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!
Also visit my site :: how to download movies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home