Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, February 22, 2008

From dynamite darts to Donald Duck; from a wooden ship to a spaceship - a toon tour

Acquiring the picture for the last post set me off on a trail of Road-Runner cartoons on the web, several of which I hadn't seen before. And one which I had: my all time favourite RR/WC toon, and probably my all-time favourite cartoon. Road-Runner toons are always rather surreal, but this one takes it to a whole new level.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: Lickety-Splat!

One of my other favourites, from watching it on the video my kids had of Dumbo, is Father Noah's Ark. I remember listening to a radio broadcast of Beethoven's The Creatures of Prometheus ballet music, and being highly amused to discover a lot of the "animal" music from thios cartoon. It's very old, of course, but good fun.

And staying with the Noah's Ark theme, I couldn't possibly pass by the Donald-Duck-on-the-Ark segment from Fantasia 2000. It is set to a rather neat arrangement of Elgar's three Pomp & Circumstance marches, made by none other than Peter Schickele, he of Eine Kleine Nichtmusik, no less (and of course PDQ Bach).

Finally, the wonderful Lifted, which you may have seen at the cinema (or on DVD) along with Ratatouille.

1 Comments:

At 22 February, 2008 04:05, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

All very nice, but I couldn't pick a RR fav - they all are funny (thanks for finding the site with them). I just looked at Father Noah, and all the monkeys and elepants helping build it wondering who picked the two each, and who told the rest no.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home