Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Final Solutions

...to the last lines meme.

1. When my body's landed, hope she dies of shame.
Sally Free and Easy (Cyril Tawney) (guessed by Phil)

2. And I guess, but I just don't know.
Heroin (The Velvet Underground) (guessed by Phil)

3. Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight.
Time Passages (Al Stewart) (guessed by Joe)

4. The people with the questions smiled; the people with the answers lied, they lied (so no pizza for them)
Eclipse (The Beta Band) (guessed by Phil)

5. Fifteen years gone now, I still cling to the petticoats of the girl who died with me.
Leslie Anne Levine (The Decemberists)

6. Standing in the shadow of Clifton Chenier, dancing the night away.
That Was Your Mother (Paul Simon) (guessed by Udge)

7. And did we tell you the name of the game, boy, we call it Riding The Gravy Train.
Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd) (band guessed by Gert)

8. were we ever warmer on that day a million miles away / we seemed from all of eternity
South Side Of The Sky (Yes)

9. But what's the matter, Daddy, how come you're turning green? Could it be that you can't live up to your dreams?

Younger Generation (The Lovin' Spoonful)

10. Saint Peter don't you call me 'cos I can't go: I owe my soul to the company store.
Sixteen Tons (Tennessee Ernie Ford) (guessed by anonymous)

I'm very surprised Lisa didn't get #5; and Udge is presumably now kicking himself over #8. And did nobody really know the title of #7 once Gert had guessed it was Floyd?

Thanks to all who took part.

It was listening to #1 and #4 in the course of a single car journey that gave me the idea for the meme, incidentally.

1 Comments:

At 26 January, 2008 21:08, Blogger Udge said...

Well, I would never have got number 8. It's been many decades since I knowingly listened to Yes, so I wonder whence I picked that up. But I should have had the Floyd. Bah. Asleep at the wheel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home