Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, December 03, 2007

Thinking Aloud

The Guardian has been running a 1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die series. I viewed it with a mixture of unfamiliarity (divided into that-sounds-interesting and wha?), smugness (divided into I've-got-that-one and why-didn't-they-pick-the-next-album), general vague approval and the odd they-have-to-be-joking. One of the that-sounds-interestings, I thought, was this. And before you write off my credibility totally, read the Guardian's description of it.

Anyway, the topic of the aforementioned young ladies came up when I was chatting with my daughter, who combines my eclecticism and a degree of teenage cool. She agreed with the Guardian, so off to the my local library to borrow the CD go I.

Also, she showed me this video which I hadn't seen. It's part of Comic Relief (an annual BBC TV comedy night raising funds for charity) and features Sugababes and Girls Aloud (two famous British girl bands) covering a rightly famous Run DMC/Aerosmith video. Great fun. (Sugababes are the trio on the right.)

Oh, and Girls Aloud feature (prominently, one might think) in the forthcoming St Trinian's movie. (And the "Rob, UK" in the comments? Nope, not this one.)

2 Comments:

At 04 December, 2007 03:07, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I'm not sure, but it looks like I might be interested in that movie.

 
At 04 December, 2007 22:57, Blogger Tim H said...

Did you read the "and here's the ones me missed" a week and a half ago? They printed one of mine!

They managed to get my name wrong, though :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home