Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Keep those charges movin', Boride!

First of all, apologies for not posting for a few days. Work has been particularly hectic (I was in much of the weekend helping to recover from a major system problem) plus I've been writing an essay on various issues to do with aid to Africa for HIV/AIDS treatment. Busy busy busy.

Anyway, here I am, and like the character in the Zappa song, "I figure the odds be fifty-fifty I might just have something to say".

Let's start with something silly. I started following one of those chains of hyperlinks the other day, beginning with an article on diamonds and ending up via a circuitous route at the Wikipedia entry for Magnesium Diboride. As you do. I clicked on a link there which took me to this description of a novel MRI scanner. I especially liked the part where they tell us that "The first MR‐Open system is an open magnet structure built around an iron joke".

Presumably this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home