Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, November 16, 2007

An argument for privatisation, right here

Well, there I was, all set to listen to the last episode of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and what do I find? After a mere eight days, it's been removed from the "Listen Again" feature. On the other hand, I can buy a three CD set of the series, or listen to a trailer for the next series. How nice.

Fortunately:

1. I can read, so I already know how the series ends
2. I can read, so I already know the second book is crap
3. I can tell the BBC what they can do with their CDs, and with the second series

Customer service? Ha! We laugh at customer service. They probably needed the bandwidth for the 18th re-run of French and Bloody Saunders.

Catch me relying on the website to listen to anything in future? Nope. BBC comedy just shot itself in the foot. Again.

2 Comments:

At 16 November, 2007 08:38, Anonymous Phil said...

After a mere eight days

Eight being one more than seven - it's what they do with everything, as I understand it. They're still quite new to this Interweb thing - hopefully they'll push the limit out in future.

 
At 17 November, 2007 12:46, Blogger Rob said...

The trouble is, they're not even that consistent. Sometimes when a series is running they have all the previous episdes available, sometimes only the last one. (Or maybe that's changed now?) And cetrtainly you can get hold of one-off programmes several weeks later (or not at all). The policy seems to vary between stations as well. Pah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home