Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, November 04, 2007

And I can't get it out of my head.....

I'm suffering an Ohrwurm. (But not this kind.)

A couple of weeks ago, the Sunday Times had free copies of the new Ray Davies CD Working Man's Cafe, so I bought a paper to get the CD. The Sunday Times was the same old Europhobic nonsense, but the CD was very good. (I gather the non-freebie version has two more tracks; mine ends with Voodoo Walk.) One track in particular stands out for me, and I keep finding myself humming it: One More Time. It has to be his best melody since Waterloo Sunset, and the lyrics are terrific as well. OK, so its middle eight is businesslike rather than inspired, but I reckon it's a fine piece of work and deserves to be played frequently. What do other people think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home