Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Let a thousand flowers bloom (and make total assholes of themselves)

I have been amused by the frenzy of New York wingnuts desperately trying to prevent President Ahmadinejad from speaking at Columbia University. I'm glad they failed. Not just because like George Bush (and this may be the only time in my life I've agreed with him) I consider it a powerful statement of America's commitment to free speech, but because if he hadn't made the speech we might never have known that the dickhead believes (or claims to) that there are no gays in Iran.

And, for that matter, that he doesn't deny the Holocaust. Nice to set that straight.

"Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- according to this guy, there are no homosexuals in Iran. I guess that explains the pathetic state of their musical theater." -- David Letterman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home