Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter (2)

I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ready for the arrival tomorrow of the final volume from Amazon. We're going away until Sunday, so it will just have to wait. Not so, however, for my daughter Vanessa, who is queing as I type outside Waterstones in Princes Street where she has reserved a copy for 00:01 tomorrow. This being the last such opportunity she'll have, she's gone the whole Hogwarts (so to speak) and dressed as Tonks (pink wig, my old college gown, home-made "Weird Sisters World Tour" T-shirt). She is inordinately pleased that she doesn't have to be at work tomorrow until 11.00, which means she has a good chance of some sleep after finishing the book.

P.S. My daughter has come home and I have now seen a real copy of the final book. She's read the first chapter and found it highly depressing. But then, did anyone expect otherwise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home